Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tyres

We would like to aquire some tyres for our oudoor play area - can I ask where you have got yours from and did you clean them in anyway before letting the children play with them ? Thanks Lizz

There are a few threads already on here about tyres.

If you do a forum search for "Outdoor Area, Please Help!" there's a discussion about them and if you search "tyre" there Are a few more.

Sorry I don't know how to do the posh links that some people can do to other threads.

Ours were given to us by the local garage.

We washed ours at the jet wash at the local car wash (actually one of the men did it as we turned into screaming girls!!)

We then painted some and varnished them. The others we left as they were, some black gunk comes of them when it rains/when children play with them, but we also play with a mud pit and a huge wet sand pit so the parents are used to them going home grubby!!!

We put a plea letter out to parents - it's amazing what you can get. We ended up with 10 tyres, a picnic table, paving slabs and guttering! The tyres we received were already pretty clean. We hung one from the tree to swing on so the rain cleans that. The others they use in various ways and seem to stay pretty clean by just using them. :o

Any tyre replacement sevice will donate old tyres as they are charged to dispose of them. Didn't clean mine! Lots of rain did the trick and our allweather surface (made from recycled trainers etc) still gives off black gunk more than the tyres!

korkycat

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)