Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Childcare Vouchers

Hi Debbie, If you mean Childcare Vouchers that parents use to pay you, Parents need to be part of a scheme at their place of work. They are then entitled to vouchers, bit like luncheon vouchers. They give the voucher to you as part or whole payment of their childcare fees.

I waited until I had a parent who wanted to use this system before I did anything. It was really easy the scheme they used was run by Accor, they sent me some forms to fill out and I used to send them the voucher and my bank account was credited, now, I believe it can all be done on line and no vouchers physically change hands.

Hi Debbie, as a childminder I'm registered with 4 different Voucher providers and they all work well.

One simple form for me to complete and return with a copy of my registration certificate and a form for the parent - all provided by the company.

No paper vouchers at all, it's all done electronically and I get an e-mail telling me that the money will be paid direct into my account within 3 working days :o

These schemes have been discussed on here dusring the summer so it might be worth doing a forum search to get more feedback.

Nona

This is the scheme that Gordon Brown is talking about scrapping in order to provide more affordable childcare places for 2 year olds (think I've got that right!!)

This is the scheme that Gordon Brown is talking about scrapping in order to provide more affordable childcare places for 2 year olds (think I've got that right!!)

Quite right janny1960 - his theory is that vouchers largely benefit well off parents whose employers use them to offset tax on their employees' behalf. We'll see how that pans out then!

Maz

Thank you all so much for your replies, have had a parent enquire about this just this afternoon. He did tell me that it was an accor scheme that was designed to off set tax.

Do I have to contact them or can I tell the parent to get them to contact me?

Thank you all so much, I knew I could rely on you.

Debbie

Quite right janny1960 - his theory is that vouchers largely benefit well off parents whose employers use them to offset tax on their employees' behalf. We'll see how that pans out then!

Maz

If I'm honest Maz that is what we've done and I have to admit to being fairly well off (in relative terms!). We have our own company and we issue ourselves these vouchers and can then save on tax. It's how the system works, so we utilise it, but I do think it will be better to give provision instead to parents of 2 year olds.

If I'm honest Maz that is what we've done and I have to admit to being fairly well off (in relative terms!). We have our own company and we issue ourselves these vouchers and can then save on tax. It's how the system works, so we utilise it, but I do think it will be better to give provision instead to parents of 2 year olds.

Hi SuzieC8

At our funding discussions last week a question was raised about 2 year old funding and if it was going to happen in our area, the response was pretty negative, and that even IF it did, it would probably only be done on deprivation not across the board.

Just seen this on Twitter - apparently Gordon Brown is set to do a u-turn on the voucher issue, following the intervention of some high profile female Labour colleagues. It seems that basic rate taxpayers will still be able to claim them, but higher rate tax payers will not.

Maz