Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Stopping A Open Uni Course Half Way Through

Hi, does anyone know what happens to funding if you stop or postpone an open uni course.My freind is doing the new e100, but is having alot of personal problems at the moment and cannot give her all to the course.

She is worried that she may have to pay the funding back to the local council, or can she postpone and pick up again when she is in a better position.

Thanks for your help

Gill x

Hi there,

I think she can stop and pick up again at a later date. A friend had to do this last spring. The best thing is to contact OU and explain the problems. Depending on when she will start again I imagine the funding will have to go back until she takes it up again.

Good luck!

Lesley

PS: I am sure someone with direct experience of this will be along shortly.

My first though was that she'd have to pay it back, but they may be kind if she explains. My second thought was that she'd probably have to start the course again from the beginning so would pay again in any case

Quick edit to suggest she gives them both a ring! And her tutor too

Edited by Cait

My first though was that she'd have to pay it back, but they may be kind if she explains. My second thought was that she'd probably have to start the course again from the beginning so would pay again in any case

Quick edit to suggest she gives them both a ring! And her tutor too

Thanks ladies will tell her tomorrow, im sure it will put her mind at rest x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)