Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Health & Safety

OMG Can some one help me been offered the roll of health &safety person within pre-school can anyone tell me my job description if i take it on, got the weekend to think about it.Thank you

Hi Karen and welcome to the forum. :o

Although you have been given the weekend to think about it I think you need to go back to your employers and ask them to give you more information about what they would require of you for this role. If this is a designated position then they should themselves have formulated some sort of description of the duties they would expect you to carry out in additional to your usual duties. Obviously every setting is different and what may be required in one would not be required in another! xD

hello and welcome Karn - as Beau said there should be some sort of job description for this role - which would inclue things like H&S training, risk assessments, fire drills etc.....

good luck in making your decision :o

I've found the HSE website really useful in the past, that might give you a good starting point as to what the job involves: www.hse.gov.uk

Aargh don't do it. We had a major H&S incident today, HSE reports filled out, Ofsted phoned, accident reports filled out RIDDOR

procedures followed. Don't worry too much if anything drastic happens the butt stops with the Manager.

You can tell I've not had a good day. Having aditional responsibilitys can be quite rewarding, Health and Safety has a very broad remit, as a previous post says make sure that you are given plenty of training and know exactly what your responsibilities are.

Good Luck

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)