Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Lunch Club Pay

I am after some advise with regards our lunch club. We have only just started offering lunch club 3 days a week (parent request), however it is proving really popular. At the moment the lunch club can be run with two member of staff, I always stay because as manager/owner I think it is only fair. The rest of the staff alternate which days they do (including my deputy), my question is pay related, should all the staff that work the lunch club be paid the same hourly rate? And if so do I pay my deputy the lower hourly rate or my other staff the higher hourly rate? Or do I introduce a new rate for everyone covering lunch club (I don't pay myself a penny!!). Hope this makes sense!!

Kristina

Hi I'm in the same position as you, owner/manager, we have had 3 lunch clubs per week for several years now. I pay staff at their "own" hourly rate. So your Deputy should be paid what you would normally pay him/her for the hour and your other staff accordingly.

Edited by Panders