Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sensory Assault Course

Hi all,

Im hoping to set up a sensory assault course and wondered if anybody has done this before and has some good ideas? :o

Thanks in advance!

Haven't ever done this, but IKEA had some lovely ideas on display last time I was there:-

1. A wall-mounted board with lots of wheel casters screwed into it in rows. Great visual pattern and fantstic touchy feely value

2. Wall-mounted mirrors of all types, including multiple small concave and convex mirrors.

3. Wall-mounted soft toy gripper board - lots of rubber knobs (for want of a better description), again in rows. Lovely and bendy and tactile - I actually bought one for school!

4. Wall-mounted board with rows of small scented candles screwed on.

Any use?

I'm not too sure what you mean by an assault course, but maybe feather boas and streamers of gift ribbon to walk through?

There's been quite a discussion somewhere on the forum about sensory stimuli (particularly light) - I'm sure someone will be able to point you to it.

Hope this helps! Good luck. :D

We have made an assault cause with large apparatus to resemble "A Bear Hunt" We used bowls of water and shaving foam,large hand-made paper trees,large grass stems(be wary of hay fever sufferers) and glitter in bottles to represent each scenario in the story.

Did the same for bear hunt not forgetting the mud of course the best one, how about larger scale our children enjoyed walking through the mud and then in a pool of water afterwards leaving footprints on paper between for the bear to follow!! Some went bare foot but others wore wellies if they did not like the idea of the mud.

Inge

There was a great catalogue free with the most recent edition of "EYE" which had lots of sensory type equipment in it, although not cheap by any stretch of the imagination!

There was a website so I'll look that out later! Running late at the moment! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)