Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

E215 Eyclo 2 Help Please

Hi, when I completed E115 I was working as a pre school leader and found evidence for EYCLO 2 - Contribute to the protection of children from abuse fairly easy, now updating for E215 I am working as a TA in reception class and no longer really have any responsibility for safeguarding directly, any ideas as to what I can use?

Thanks Cait,

It is just in old role it was reasonably easy to collect evidence, can only think of school policy and procedure and training certificates. Will this Foundation Degree ever end ??!!!!

I just think its unfair I have to update all the evidence again when some children are still following the FS curriculum rather than Key Stage 1 as they are very behind in thier learning due to learning dififculties they experience x

Had you considered that you might not have to renew all your evidence? This is about your practice, so if there are children still working towards FS then any of that evidence is still valid if you are working with them. (Whatever route you are following) Of course, you will still need to update/renew other evidence, depending on your route.

Sue

I am on route B. Can I use evidence from a previous setting and confirmer? I had assumed I wouldn't be able to.

I would also assume that you can't use evidence from a previous setting/confirmer as it no longer reflects your current practice/ setting. Having said that there may be some evidence that you can use again - off the top of my head, you could for example, have used your own plans in your 'old' setting and have now utilised them in your new setting so technically that evidence is still valid but it would need to be signed by your new confirmer.

However, I would double check the course guidance - I don't have access to relevant documents any more but I know there is clear guidance about what you need to do if you change settings during your study and I guess the issue of evidence is covered there.

If in doubt stick a query up in the OU forum and ask for clarification - I'm sure one of the mods will answer :o

As I understand it, If you have changed setting then it's back to square one!

Jenna, I had assumed you were still in the same setting - although if you are, but your Confirmer has changed I would think they would still have to sign any old evidence you may decide to keep.

Sue

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)