Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eco-schools

Hi just wondering if anyone has already become an eco school who could offer advice. We are a nursery in a primary school and im really interested in becoming an eco nursery. Any help?? Have had a quick look at the website but just wondered if anyone had already achieved it or started the process who could explain it. Thanks xx

We have just started Eco schools in our school. The school council are leading it. Our first activity is 'Switch Off Fortnight' on the 2nd November. The children have to do a Audit around school to find out how best to save energy. If successful we gain the Bronze award. I found the website useful and I also contacted them for further support. Tia :o

Guest eagleeye

Hi, I was the eco person in my last school and ran the Eco Club. We got our bronze and silver awards. It was all through the Eco Schools website and organisation, but it had to be a whole school thing. I was a reception teacher but did the club with juniors. But the whole school had to join in and recycle and switch lights and taps off etc.

We then had a GO GREEN WEEK when everyone from Nursery to Year 6 went off timetable and did eco stuff. Was loads of fun and kids loved it! You need to have agendas and minutes from meetings with the Eco Club and produce an action plan and then evidence of what you have done. Hope that helps!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)