Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Early Years Foundation Degree

katehart

Had some famtastic news today had a letter from the university saying I have a place on the Foundation degree course starting next year 2010. Now I can get my head down and start reading.

Also need support on how to write a essays again, its such a long time ago since I done one.

:oxD:(

Congratulations Katehart. :o

There are some good study skills books out there, one was recommended recently but I can't remember which post it was in. Do a forum and/or google search using the words 'study skills' and hopefully you will find it.

Or maybe someone who is studying now or recently completed their studies will come along and recommend a good study skills book for you. xD

Peggy

The Stella Cottrell Study Skills book is good!

I bought it when I started my degree!

I agree this is a good one, it was also the book that was on the university book list that i attended!

samfrostie :o

The Stella Cottrell Study Skills book is good!

I bought it when I started my degree

i agree, stella cottrell is very good. I found it quite useful, amazon is a good place to look for books and to compare prices.

That is soooo not sad!

If you are feeling really enthusiastic I can highly recommend this book;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Advanced-Early-Yea...3325&sr=8-1

It gives a really good overview of what you are likely to study on the FD course and is a great source of quotes for assignments throughout the course. Mine has stood me in really good stead.

Thanks Upsy Daisy

Thank you for your support. Someone else recommended this book to me too and I ordered it straight away. I received it a couple of days ago. I can't seem to be able to put it down, as it is very good. Buying these books are costing me a fortune, but naughty and great fun.

The best thing of all is watching my 2 boys sitting next to me with their books too, which is great to see. I am being a good role model to them. I do end up sitting and reading 3 or 4 books to them and they love it.

I have a lovely picture in my head now of the three of you sitting in a row reading and looking very serious!

If you can find interesting bits of that book which lead you on to looking further into a few things you will definitely be giving yourself a head start for next year. I would make sure you find out as much as possible about Piaget and Vygotsky as we seem to revisit them constantly and the tutor told us today that they are the most important theorists and we will be heartily sick of them before we finish the degree.

I was also wishing over the weekend that I had found the time to clear out the loft before I started the course so, if you have any jobs like that outstanding, do yourself a favour and get them done over the next few months.

Enjoy your reading and come and ask for more recommendations when you know what you would like to read more about.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)