Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

C.f.s Areas ?

Guest MaryEMac

Guest MaryEMac

I have a member of staff who is doing the DPP and this week she went on a visit to a children's centre, which she has been raving about. It sounds absolutely fantastic. The manager of the centre asked if they had all got their C.F.S. areas set up because ofsted are really keen on them. I have not heard of them and my EYFSA hasn't mentioned them so I wondered if anyone else knew about them. My staff member cannot remember what the letters stand for but she thinks that it is to do with having a quiet area for the children to sit and reflect or talk. Just wondering where I am going to set up this new area if it has to be done!

Thanks,

Mary

You don't have to set up a new area as such. It's more about finding cosy little corners in which the children can curl up together and chat or share a book, or looking at the area where you have circle time/stories and considering whether the surroundings support the children's listening skills.

Have a look at the Elizabeth Jarman website for a bit more info.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)