Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Growing Grass

Hi everyone,

Has anyone got any interesting ideas on growing grass as an activity. I have heard about growing grass in a pair of tights, not sure what that would entail.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Naomi

Hi Naomi,

We grew "Mr Greenheads" last year using tights. The children put grass seeds in the foot of the tight, then filled it up with compost to make a head shape. We knotted them off and then turned them so the seeds were on top. We used yogurt pots to stand them in and watered them. The children each made a face to stick on. When the grass grew they loved playing hairdressers (great for scissor control!)

Have fun!

We planted grass seeds in disposable plastic cups, stuck eyes, nose and mouth on side of the cup. When the grass grew it looked like the hair and when it got long the children cut it using scissors. Some had mohican (spelling???) haircut, and some really weird, the children loved it.

I have just bought a builders tray and I like the idea of growing grass in it. I also like the idea of growing it as numbers hali.

Sue J

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)