Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Challenge Area

Hello! It's been a while since i had time to come on here but in my hour of need i hope someone is around to help!!

I have a challenge area in my nursery where each week i set a challenge for the children, un-topic related but one that relates to some sort of learning intention. In the past i have had a big bowl of plastic cutlery, 3 sorting hoops and an egg timer "how fast can you sort the cutlery" This week i had a box of wooden blocks and the challenge was "who can build the tallest tower before it falls over" - that sort of stuff.. but i have a mental block tonight! I need a new one for next week and i just cant seem to think of one! Has anyone got a similar area that could share ideas? Or even someone who has a faster working brain than mine is tonight!!

Thank you v much!

Tink! :D x

Hmmm - sounds like a nice activity I might 'borrow'.....

How about "How fast can I.."

peg the washing on the line (eg. dolls clothes on a stretched out piece of string)

link/thread the links or cotton reels onto string

throw all the (ping pong) balls into a bucket

Find all the hidden objects (eg small teddies from under shredded paper)

We set up an abstacle course outside with the milk crates, tyres and decking planks. The children had the 30 second sand timer and had to see if they could beat the timer. Very noisy with lots of chanting but great fun. I even had a go and go stuck in the tunnel. Needless to say I didn't beat the timer!

Thanks guys! I just ran out of inspiration! I have the little activities set up on a table and i have a 3 min egg timer for the "how fast can you..." ones and they just have to beat the timer. Some of them dont need timers... I like the ping pong balls idea! Thank you!

Tink! :D x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)