Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I Hate It When This Happens

Rea

One of our parents is loudly proclaiming in the playgroup that 'Oh, no, I'll not be keeping my child at the playgroup, it's not enough for them is it? And anyway I've told them I want the keyworker changed, but they havent done anything about it, my child needs somebody she can relate to, blah blah blah'

I want to put this woman in a head lock :o

I'm the keyworker. I suggested to her in November that if it was ok with her I might be moving her child to a different keyworker as I'd noticed she had a better relationship with another member of staff . This being the case her child may benefit from somebody else playing and talking with her. This hasnt happened yet because we've had Christmas, new Year and now mom's just had another child to torment with impossible aims. This woman, in the past has withdrawn her son from 2 other nurseries and sent social services to them.

Luckily we have a very healthy waiting list and lots of praise from other parents, but people like this are capable of so much damage it really gets my goat. (and where on earth does that expression come from???) :D:D

Poor Rea it is so frustrating but you have to rise above it all. Maintain your dignity. Interestingly enough an ex parent came to see me today, She never seemed to be happy with anything we did, always complaining,even the weather was our fault. We breathed a sigh of relief when the last of her three children left. Well today she came to ask for my advice - I admit I couldn't hide my surprise , she said she valued my opinion and we had a heart to heart, she is a very sad and lonely lady. Bear this in mind when you think of your troublesome Mum.

I sometimes find it really hard to keep my cool with parents.

Had a traveller mum in who wants her child to start Nursery. Obvioulsy we ahve to get basic info,a nd one of the things we need to get is siblings names and DOB. She kicked up a massive fuss because she had to give this info, and just made the meeting the most unpleasanat that i have had.

I suppose the way we should look at is that some people are just born awkward, or are born to enjoy making scenes and getting attention, and we should just go into work, do our job, and leave all the emotional baggage there.

Its hard though isnt it!!! :o

The things we have to contend with Rea. :o We had a committee meeting on Monday and we talked about having an open day and putting up lots of posters to attract more children. During the discussion I said it was important that we put that we had funded places available for children up to 5 years. New secretary (who used to be Chair at start of year - long story there!!) looked at me confused and said she never realised that children could stay at the playgroup for their preschool year - she thought they had to go to the Nursery. xD