Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Old Exam Results

OK - so I left school in 1982 and have worked for the past 27 years (with the exception of 2 kids!) :o

I recently sold my half of the pre-school (which I jointly owned and ran for 11+ years) and am now searching for work.

I applied to the local council to work in our local children's centre, however, they want a minimum of level C maths and English - now this is where the problem starts - I can't find my exam certificate to tell me what I got. I do know that I left school to start work before the exams were due and that I went back to school to take the basics.

I have asked the school if they keep copies, but they don't (only for 7 years), I have no idea who the examining board were and don't know where to go from here.

I didn't get the job because although I have experience of working qith kids I couldn't prove that I had the right qualifications from 27 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You would think that 20+ years works experience and 10+ years of owning my own business would count for something - but OH NO not with the council! :(

Any Ideas folks - PLEASE. xD

Same happened to me with a job interview. The only advice I was gven was to contact the examining boards and ask them for copies but I was also told that you have to pay around £30 and if you pay and its the wrong board they dont refund. Not too sure how true this is because I didnt try. I'd be interested to know just how many people do keep their certs after 30 years!

I'd be interested to know just how many people do keep their certs after 30 years!

Exactly and whether they're worth the paper they are written on. :o

I would have thought experience counts for more - but who am I to know these things!

Do you have a friend you went to school with that could have kept theirs safe? ( looking very saintly here and i will polish my halo later) If they have, it may give you a heads up on what examination boards they used. Or maybe contact someone on friendreunited from the same school? Do you know what you got even though you don't have the certificates?

Edited by Guest

My mum kept all my old reports and certificates - is it possible that your mum has them tucked away in a draw somewhere?

Searched her house yesterday :o thought I knew exactly where it was at her house - but no luck!