Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Implimentation Of The Eyfs

icklehels

How do you feel about the EYFS in contrast to the foundation stage and birth to three matters?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer the EYFS?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure
  2. 2. Do you find the EYFS harder to impliment than the foundation stage or birth to three matters?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I like the flexibilty of the EYFS and the way it can be used while following children's interests and with retrospective planning. I do feel that it should be more centred on emotional wellbeing, creativity, and learning dispositions and rather less on numeracy and literacy.

It's much easier to refer to one seamless document, and I love the principle of enabling environments and the importance given to the outdoor environment.

It has meant a labour intensive overhaul of my current systems of planning and recording. But I don't think the observing side of things has changed too much.

The emphasis on literacy and numeracy is I feel one that practitioners tend to give too much importance too. They are just very small areas of all the areas of development, and I certainly find that in a small childminding setting (six pre-school children and two adults) we manage to cover some developmentally appropriate literacy and numeracy each day in a way that the children enjoy and find fun to do.

I much prefer the way it clearly states that we should look, listen and note in order to inform our planning. I think its relaxed and leads to more interesting observations. The cildren always hve better ideas of what they want to play, learn, develop than we have.

The pity is some places are still not using it. I was at a nursery this week where the babies painted pictures of their parents!

I much prefer the way it clearly states that we should look, listen and note in order to inform our planning. I think its relaxed and leads to more interesting observations. The cildren always hve better ideas of what they want to play, learn, develop than we have.

The pity is some places are still not using it. I was at a nursery this week where the babies painted pictures of their parents!

AAAAGGGHHHH!!

I have no issues with the EYFS and think if you look at it from a themes and principles point of you these are all things that we know to be good practice - the area's of learning and dveelopment are such a small part of the whole

I too like the flexibility of the EYFS and the freedom to be creative and follow children's interests. I think one problem is that parents see it as being less structured and therefore feel children are not learning. If only they could see their children's involvement in activities.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)