Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Councilling Section?

:o I might be totally wrong here Steve but I was thinking it might be useful to have a part of the Forum dedicated to issues related to stress at work? I'm not saying I might be wrong because I don't think others get stressed like me :( Pretty sure that's part of the job and its such a shame that many dedicated teachers (which I'm sure we all are-why on earth would we have joined this site otherwise?!! :( ) leave the proffession because of stress related issues. I'm unsure because I know it comes up incidentally in other forum discussions. The thing is, I've recieved some excellent advice on this site. Someone (sorry I can't remember your name) advised me to picture a negative person at work with a pink light all around them! I'm not saying the technique iself worked for me personally but the nature of the advice really mean something to me and I really appreciated it xD . I've also read advice given to others which I've took on board.

Is it just me or if you haven't logged on for a while do you just go into forum topics/discussions that you know you've been part of or look at the last 10 posts/topics? I'm conscious that I must miss a lot of valuable discussions. Anyway, it was only a thought but as we all go through similar problems-stress, disputes with colleauges, negative attitudes at work, fatigue I thought it might be nice to go straight to a place where this kind of thing was being discussed. Maybe it would go just as well in the lounge/golden time section? Just a thought! :)

Hi Zim

I think most of us post in the lounge/golden time forum if we want to let off steam or are stressed and just need a moan. I think it's one of those forums where most off subject issues can be discussed.

As to finding out what has been happening if you haven't been on for a while, or any time actually, click on "View new posts" at the top of the page in the blue box. This shows you all the posts that have been made since you last logged on. I use it all the time and then read the ones I want, which tends to be the vast majority of them. That way you know exactly what has been posted since your last visit.

Linda

Forgot to say that you can use this while you are in the forum-it will show you new posts that have gone on while you have been reading others or posting yourself.

Linda

Hi Zim -

Sorry for the delay in replying. I think Linda and hali are right though. The lounge/golden time area is regularly used by stressed out members to let off steam! And I think it's probably a good thing that this forum is only available to members!

Besides which, if we have a Counselling forum, people might ask us for our qualifications! :o

It's a good point that people should have a particular place to come for this purpose though, and I've changed the description of the Lounge to make it more obvious that this is the place for this! :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)