Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Goldilocks And The 3 Bears

This week our key text will be Goldilocks and the 3 bears. Obviously this is an old favourite and having done it for the last how ever many years I am planning the same old activities- these are perfectly good activities but my NN and I would love some new ideas and especially some to develop thinking skill and some messy activities etc. Thankyou

Have you ever read the story about the 3 bears who "trash" the house they think belongs to goldilocks after she has made her visit to them? They stand on the sofa and do the bossa nova, etc., they have a pillow fight in the bedroom all sorts of things. That may go nicely with the messy activities - perhaps you could do something with porridge - from using the oats uncooked as something to play with or collage with to actually making it and eating it or making it and then using it as a malleable messy substance in your tuff spot. Maybe using the text of the story you could do a collage thing with feathers.

There's also the story a chair for baby bear, baby bear goes to town with mummy and daddy to chose a new chair because Goldilocks has broken his, he keeps changing his mind about which chair he would like - maybe they could design a super hero chair, or a fairy themed chair

Mr. Wolf and the 3 bears, funny story about Mr. Wolf wanting to give baby bear a birthday party, in the end goldilocks who has been a right pain - gets eaten!!!

Edited by Panders

on the line of books - a bad week for the three bears is really good.

on the messy front, try porridge, wet and dry in a tuff spot, (might need to sweeten up the cleaner though! it's a nightmare to get off once it dries!)

I made up a story sack which goes down really well with the children.

could you re-enact the story?

Ask the children to bring in a bowl and prepare breakfast (something hot-ish)

go off for a timed walk

test the temperature when you get back, how much colder is it?

test every 5 minutes, how long until it is 'cold'?

include quantities, does it make a difference to temperature if there is lots or little?

If I think of anything else I'll let you know!

Have fun.. :oxD

I have made porridge with the children, then they have tasted plain, porridge with sugar and porridge with chocolate chips in (which obviously melt). We used their favourites to do some data handling. Then later in the week they had some similar ingredients to make their own porridge - have to say we kept it dry but they loved it anyway!

Have also made flapjack but that will obviously be more adult led!

Oh panders i love that story. I read it to kids in f2 and thought it would go over their head but they loved it!

I have a builders tray and we made porridge and they did mark making in it. Also i dont know if you fancy it but if you have a home corner you could 'trash it' a bit and make it look like goldilocks/bears have been in your home. Then you could look for clues as to what has been broken and discuss what you need to do to sort the house out maybe

ooo and you could put footprints down to out doors and the kidas could hunt for goldilocks, that could lead to drawing maps and all sorts x

Ours loved dry porridge oats in the tuff spot with an assortment of different sized bowls. Into this went the teddy bear sorting set (different sizes), spoons and some dolls house furniture.

They commented on the smell of the oats and later we served cooked oats for snack (not the ones they played with of course!!). :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)