Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Childhood Obesity

mps09

I would probably be inclined to focus as a group on healthy eating, exercise, etc. I'm not sure it is your responsibility to raise concern with the parents unless there is a specific incident which has caused concern like the child being worryingly out of breath.

I have had to deal with an issue of totally inappropriate food in a lunch box every day but I dealt with it as a whole setting activity first and foremost.

I would probably be inclined to focus as a group on healthy eating, exercise, etc. I'm not sure it is your responsibility to raise concern with the parents unless there is a specific incident which has caused concern like the child being worryingly out of breath.

I have had to deal with an issue of totally inappropriate food in a lunch box every day but I dealt with it as a whole setting activity first and foremost.

if you have nhs health champions in your area they will support be able to support with classes such as mini mend and chimp classes. many schools now are taking part in pilots of family health clubs where kids can do competitions and get prizes on courses. Marshie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)