Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Bravery Assembly

Hi guys,

Well last time I posted on here I was as a trainee, I am now a fully fledged teacher working in a mixed nursery/reception unit. I am after some advice please, on wednesday KS1 will be coming to join us for assembly, its only 15 mins so thought I would talk a little about how bravery can be something big or small but really need a nice story to go with it,

any ideas????

Thanks

I usually use The Selfish Crocodile by Faustin Charles. Although the crocodile is not very nice and won't let the other animals in the river the little mouse is brave enough to climb in the crocodiles mouth and pull out his bad tooth.

Have you read Dinosaur Drip by Julia Donaldson? It tells the tale of a Compnasomethingorother dinosaur egg who gets transferred into a T-Rex nest and is brought up by a rather shortsighted TRex mummy. He ends up the hero and is very brave indeed! I love it because it is a tale of the unexpected and the poor little chap has to deal with some severe teasing and name calling but triumphs over adversity in the end. And of course all in Julia Donaldson's lovely rhythm!

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)