Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sharing

Hi,

I prepared this and wanted to share it with you. I cannot attach the shaped cut-outs, but they are about the children's favourite things and that I included in the sheets with the sentences. The initial idea was for the parents to make a 'book' about the child, but I had attached an older letter and that was only to send the forms back to school. You can decide what to do. If you get the forms back, then you can create the Learning Journal at school at keep adding throughout the year.

Cover_learning_journal.doc

(the blue oblong corresponds to the place where the child's photo would go)

Star_of_the_Day_documents.doc

Thanks SmileyPR - what a great way to get parents involved and encourage a two-way flow of information!

We're lucky that because our setting is so small, each child is a Superstar for a whole week (although they do share this honour with another child, so that each day we have at least one Superstar attending).

Maz

Yes, I usually had a "Star of the week" until this past year, but to get as much information as possible at the beginning of the school year, I changed it for 1 per day and that way I can start working with the Learning Journals. That does not eliminate that I will keep having a weekly "leader" and that child can still bring her/his favourite toy and favourite book to school. I have 15 children up to now, so that will give them several times to be the leader during the year.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)