Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Weekly Challenge

meles

hello!

at a staff meeting it has been suggested that we need to be intrducing challenges in our primary school, to push the higher abitlity children, i like the idea and think i will introduce to reception 1 challnge a week - maybe linked to topic or big book that week, just wondered if anyone already does this and if so how they organise it, thinkin of a small display and some sort of interactive activity.

any ideas or help would be great.

thanks

thanks for reply,

i would definatly want the whole class to be able to access it! just SMT who think it should only be for higher ability, they see it as a challenge chn do as an extension activity when other work has been completed, not EYFS friendly so i am trying to evolve the idea, as i have been told i have to implement it i just want to find a more appropriate way.

my idea of a learning wall is recording a topic through pictures, childrens comments, photographs etc is this what you mean or am i thinking of something diffrent.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Meles,

I am thinking of doing something like this in my Reception class too. I have some very able children and think this would be a fun way of challenging them. I have downloaded sparklebox ideas and found some ideas for CLL on the TES website. Here are some examples -How many words can you think of that rhyme with hat?

Draw 3 things beginning with ...

How many pebbles in the jar?

Find the longest carrot - (labelled A-E)

Complete a new jigsaw puzzle

I am sure there are loads more and I would apprecite ideas too!

Good luck with the challenges

Cat x :o

hi im not sure if its what your looking for bt i have a challenge chest and in this i put a selection of activities inside like some already mentioned and its quite exciting for them to look in the chest each day x x x

Sorry, I havent had chance to read all the post but didn't know if anyone has suggested Sparklebox as they have printable challenges! I just have a table set up in the room with a weekly challenge and the children tick their name off if they have had a go.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)