Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Weddings

mps09

Willy goes to the wedding - well I think that's what it's called.

It's about a little boy who takes his mouse to his sister's wedding, I think!

Haven't read it for ages,

jackie.

Hi - we used a weddings theme at the end of last term, leading from some of the children. We managed to provide a childrens suit and a couple of bridesmaids dresses. We used wallpaper to make waistcoats and used a lot of songs e.g. Going to the chapel, I do, i do, i do and some from Mamma mia etc. alongside some stories, one of the books was called 'Yuk' (it was about a girl being a bridesmaid but not liking the dresses so the designed her own). The children loved the work we did and were eager to do lots of dressing up. We also used our bee bot with the town map but made a church shaped 3d model from a couple of boxes for bee bot to arrive at the wedding and added this onto one of the roadways. Hope this helps, will try to think of what else we used.

A lot of our staff and some parents provided their own wedding pictures for the children to look at which prompted a lot of discussion from the chhildren.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)