Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eal Training

Guest Wolfie

We have had a significant number of children start this month for whom English is an additional language and I am thinking of running a short training/workshop session for the staff on strategies and good practice with EAL children - has anyone done anythingh similar and found any particular resources or tips useful?

Will you have spaces available for guests Wolfie? I'll bring Sally Thomas with me... not literally you understand! xD

Always a space for you Maz......erm, actually you can help me run it can't you? :o

Hi Wolfie

Our EMAT team came and trained us.

Someone told the story of Handa's Surprise in Portuguese. Repeated with visual aids and we all talked about what it felt like.

Also talked about periods of silence nad how it's ok....

Importance of respecting cultures and providing the right resources so that language can develop through play....

But I expect that yuo knoe this all already! :o

It certainly could! :o

And thank you Kate for your suggestions - I really like the story idea! I'll let you know how the session goes and anything that the staff found really useful.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)