Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Operational Plan Under Eyfs Not Every Child Matters?

hi, has anyone done their operational file/plan under the principle headings rather than every child matters? ive looked on google and here and am struggling to find one that does this

no not been told to do it this way, basically I have been thrown in deep end as our paperwork was a bit of a joke so I offered to take it on. Our operational plan is a whole load of bits just shoved in a random order in a folder and im trying to sort it out. i thought linking it to the EYFS made more sense than the every child matters but I could be wrong as i find no one else does this!

i have just revamped my operational file as it was 4 inches thick and not usuable

It is now 5 A4 pages

i have added all current reports on our setting, Eccrs, our i can talk accreditation, leading early years team report and ofsted

also in this i will keep notice of visits and we are gonna have a scrap book of photos as evidence

i have just revamped my operational file as it was 4 inches thick and not usuable

It is now 5 A4 pages

i have added all current reports on our setting, Eccrs, our i can talk accreditation, leading early years team report and ofsted

also in this i will keep notice of visits and we are gonna have a scrap book of photos as evidence

Hi Jodse,

Our setting works within The Bristol Standard (Bristol County Council), a quality assurance approach that supports continuous reflection on practices to ensure quality etc.

As the standard is divided into ten 'dimensions' that's how our operational plan is formed (we call it our development plan). The point is that I don't think it necessarily matters how you record your operational plan...the important thing is to have one as this provides your setting the chance to reflect on current practices and develop plans to move said practices forward.

If you're concerned about Ofsted then you shouldn't be as they are interested in your assessing quality, not how you write it as such. However, the SEF is divided into the ECM outcomes and so perhaps it would be easier to write your plan to fall in with this...all EYFS leads to ECM so you dont need to give yourself additional work by trying to work everything into EYFS as well?

Good luck with the paperwork...sounds like you've landed yourself quite a job! :o

Edited by Guest

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)