Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What Does Your Weekly Planning Grid Look Like?

Hi, So what does your weekly planning grid look like? Mine changed about 3 times last year - I just can't seem to get a good balance between what I want on the plan and what has to be on the plan (e.g. sucess criteria!!)

I would really like to start this year with one good planning format!!

Please Help! :o

I teach Reception

Hi I teach reception too and have used a new format for my planning. I do a literacy and numeracy plan separatly and then I do a plan for each day re. individual activities such as malleable area, role play, outside activites etc. So that on my visual timetable ch can see what is availabe and then go and choose. I also do a plan for the foundation subjects such as ICT, KUW ETC quite a lot ofplanning with room for observations too. I have searched the TES website and have adapted quite a bit of planning ideas from there. hope this helps.

I spent a lot of time looking at different planning formats on here and on TES. There are so many out there and everyone seems to do it differently so I think its case of finding one thats work for you rather than what you should do. I ended up making a template up based on different ones I found. It has a page with enhancement to continuous provision on, with sand, construction, roleplay etc where you add what you are putting in to enhance area (not everything has to be filled). Then I have a timetable style sheet which has all my carpet sessions on in detail and shows what adul led activities are happening that day but not in detail as I am going to do individual activity plans so there is lots of space for evaluations and next steps. I do a separate phonics plan.

Hope that doesn't confuse you. x

After hearing your advice and looking at the plans already on here, I have devised my own! Again!

I decided to foget about what you are supposed to have on your plans for Ofsted and make them useful to me and my TAs! Then afterwards I added on a bit of what Ofsted like :o

I'm giving them a trial run!

Thanks everyone

After hearing your advice and looking at the plans already on here, I have devised my own! Again!

I decided to foget about what you are supposed to have on your plans for Ofsted and make them useful to me and my TAs! Then afterwards I added on a bit of what Ofsted like :o

I'm giving them a trial run!

Thanks everyone

Will you share if they are useable? It's always interesting to see other formats

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)