Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Wow!

I have been wanting to come up with some sort of way of including parents voice in our learning journeys and like the idea of a wow wall, i have read the discussions on here about the wow vouchers to be sent home and then for any wow moments to be recorded, I really like the iea of displaying these wows on a display that is accessible to parents but struggling to come with an idea of HOW to display them. Im afraid my creative side has not kicked back in yet....

Anyone who has been doing this do you have any pics of yours, or general ideas etc. E.g I have a board to use that is approx 1mx1m, and have 60 children in total to be included, would you designate a space per child and so on!!

Thank you!

We have a wow tree which is displayed on the main nursery door inside the foyer where parents can stick notes of either positive behaviour or significant events or something they would just like to share and after a week or so these go into the learning journeys, the parents also take the learning journeys home to fill in regulary.

Sam

:o

We have ours on the entrance window in the lobby. With 38 children we need a big space! There's a banner over the top that says "We are all different but we are all special" and then a poster that says "Celebrate Diversity"

If you do a google search you'll find lots of celebrate diversity images you can choose from!

We have WOW vouchers, and they've been great - we put them in the children's books and they really broaden the picture and are a lovely celebration of the child. I don't put them on display, though, as some children's parents just don't give us any

(some give us LOADS, which is lovely). I have a display that has a space for each child which I change very regularly celebrating their achievements etc - but all from the school's perspective, so I'd love to include parents' WOW vouchers. I'm just worried that some children will feel dispirited not to have anything up from their parents. I kind of think if I put a display up, it adds some pressure on the parents as it makes it more visible, so they might be more likely to give us some, but it's a bit risky. Has this been a problem for any of you and how have you dealt with it?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)