Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Permission For Emergency Operative Treatment

Do you have such forms that you ask your parents to sign?

We have one which I inherited and it mentions accompanying the child in an ambulance - this doesn't seem right to me.

Any thoughts?

ppp

We have a paragraph on our registration form that parents sign to give us permission in an emergency to take appropriate action to safeguard their child.

I ahev only had one parent say no and I asked what he would like me to do if his child hurt themselves and needed an ambulance. He said that i had to call him first I told him that I would and how long would I wait for him to get to us and what I should do in the mean time. He said he would give me permission to call an ambulance. I said that was there a time limit on waiting.he thought about it and signed the form.

steph

It might just be our ever cautious EYA but we were advised to make sure that the consent the parents signed for administering first aid also gave us permission to give the go ahead for anaesthetic if parents cannot be contacted, and that it should give the permission of the parents for paramedics, etc to treat the children too. Ours now reads:

"I authorise any suitably trained member of the Pre-School staff or a suitably qualified medical practitioner to administer first aid and to take my child to hospital in case of emergency, and further, to sign a medical release form for anaesthetic if necessary (when parent/guardian are not present)."

She did have some comments about the title of the "qualified medical practitioner" but my recollection of the - ahem - discussion I had with her on that point is hazy!

I used to state that a member of staff would travel in the ambulance, this was for the childs emotional wellbeing. I was forunate to always have enough staff to do this if necessary, but fortunately in 23 yrs never had to. :o

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)