Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Choosing Cards

Just thought I'd share these since I've had so many resources from others on here. (I think I've manage to attach!)

I've photographed or used catalogue pics of most of our resources to make cards showing a small selection for children to choose from - we are pack away so tend not to have everything out but children can always ask for something that is not out. On the back of the cards are some learning matters, things to be aware of for that particular item, ideas for using it as prompts for adults.

It's still a work in progress, not all the words are complete yet but you'll get the idea.

Hope its of use to someone.

Al

picture_inventory.xls

Ooh, they're lovely!

Wonder if I can adapt something similar for my childminded children to use? They might be a useful "tool" to get the children to express what they like doing - feedback for my SEF and Ofsted!

You've started me thinking now.......... thanks!

Nona

We are doing something similar using photos of all of our stuff but I hadn't thought to put learning matters on them - what a good idea.

We are also a pack away session and this is ideal for encouraging children to ask for things that they want out.

Who knows by having a picture they may see that when the farm is out it doesn't have to look like it's been hit by a hurricane!!

Wow Al!

What a fab idea - and you've clearly put a lot of work into it. As you say, for a packaway where we can't have as many resources available for children to self-select from these are just great. I also think that it will be great for consulting with children and finding out about what they like and enabling them to make active choicese about what to play with.

Maz

Excellent idea - thanks for sharing. :o We had ours photographed and put into a folder which was left out for the children to flick through and choose. It also served as a reminder for staff of resources which may have been pushed to the back of the cupboard and forgotten about. xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)