Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sef Again!

Does the Sef form change in September for everybody?

I work in a Day nursery and was just about to submit mine, so wanted to see if i should wait till the changes????

Help!!!

Think so yes!!!

If you are ready to submit I would carry on though........it says somewhere in the bumph that you won't be penalised for doing so.........whoopee they are too kind! :o

Well...when i say ready (oops) i mean ive got lots of notes and ideas of what to do, just gotta type it all up!!! xD

Well...when i say ready (oops) i mean ive got lots of notes and ideas of what to do, just gotta type it all up!!! :(

Ahhhh...well...in that case....think I might just wait until you have seen the new format.......I am in a similar postion - sort of half done but the half that is done is all beautifully typed up!!! :oxD:(

Ahhhh...well...in that case....think I might just wait until you have seen the new format.......I am in a similar postion - sort of half done but the half that is done is all beautifully typed up!!! :oxD:(

Well hopefully it wont be to different ...wish i had half typed up :(

Just never enough time in the day!!!

Have you got any idea when the new format is out?

I've held off on mine, too!

Letter arrived from Ofsted today saying "new" SEF "is shorter and easier to use" and that "there are improvements to the technology that make it easier to use online" (yippee!)

Just have to wait for it to go live on their website :o - perhaps I'll do it in October halfterm then... xD

Nona

Edited by Guest

Ok ive just tried to download a blank copy of the sef form and there is not one for Day nurseries....only nursery schools, maintained schools etc.

Which one do i use?? I can feel a call to the big O looming!!!

Ok ive just tried to download a blank copy of the sef form and there is not one for Day nurseries....only nursery schools, maintained schools etc.

Which one do i use?? I can feel a call to the big O looming!!!

Wouldn't the one for 'Nursery Schools' be the right one for Day Nursery?

Check out a completed one on the 'Exemplar SEF' thread - sorry don't know how to do a link (note to self - must master that!)

So are you following my 'thinking' - that will show you what is needed.........

There's a Early Years SEF on the Ofsted website if you put it in the search engine it is there just checked. Its the revised one, this is the one you will need to use if you are a day nursery not the nursery school sef

Hope this helps

There's a Early Years SEF on the Ofsted website if you put it in the search engine it is there just checked. Its the revised one, this is the one you will need to use if you are a day nursery not the nursery school sef

Hope this helps

Thank you so much Abbey....it def helps!

Cant quite believe they have changed it so soon...thanks again!

Oh b******s I am literally just finished doing the old one.

I'm going to send it in anyway, we can always use the new one next time round.

Does anyone know how often we are meant to update it? Yearly or more often than that?

Oh b******s I am literally just finished doing the old one.

I'm going to send it in anyway, we can always use the new one next time round.

Does anyone know how often we are meant to update it? Yearly or more often than that?

Language Timothy!!!

Hmmm ... don't know if there is a set time for when we are meant to update....it is meant to be sort of 'ongoing' isn't it - and of course, we will eb expected to have 'actioned' what we have noted for 'improvement'.........I haven't put anything that I can't achieve with the minimum of effort! :oxD

Spoke to Ofsted before submitting it - they said that there are only a couple of changes and it's just making the form a bit shorter. I sent in the old version anyway, by the good old fashioned snail mail!

Spoke to Ofsted before submitting it - they said that there are only a couple of changes and it's just making the form a bit shorter. I sent in the old version anyway, by the good old fashioned snail mail!

Yay.........I really think that's what I will do too..........that would be when I've finished it of course :oxD

Hi - I have just been doing our SEF on the up-dated form - I think I have lost the plot becaused in answer to their questions I seem to be writing pages and pages - I certainly won't fit into the pre-determined boxes - anyway done th new one yet ?

Dot :o

Hi - I have just been doing our SEF on the up-dated form - I think I have lost the plot becaused in answer to their questions I seem to be writing pages and pages - I certainly won't fit into the pre-determined boxes - anyway done th new one yet ?

Dot :o

Ohhhhh - how 'different' is it Dot?

Ohhhhh - how 'different' is it Dot?

Hi ladies

I have followed this discussion as I have tried to update our SEF this evening but the website tells me OFSTED is currently offline!! My first attempt did login but my SEF wasn't there... After spending nearly 60 hours on it last April with staff parents and committee I am now mortified to find it is not there. At the moment the hard copy is locked away at my setting ( I hope ! as that is my only proof that we had submitted it) and I am working from home at the moment and will not rest tonight until I can check OFSTED website again!!!

Has anybody else experienced this kind of trauma! a disappearing SEF!????

Ginge 99 :o

Hi

I cannot find where to get into the sef, on the Ofsted home site

I have typed in sef in search box but still cannot find anywhere to log my gateway

pass word in or the sef page

Can anyone give me advice?

Thank you