Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Organic Milk

I have looked to see if it has been discussed before but i didn't find anything,

Has anyone switched to organic milk in their nursery? In the press today it promotes organic milk as healthier, and richer in omega 3 oils. Some people claimed when using it as a night time drink it helped them sleep better. Has anyone got any thoughts or comments or seen any further research on a web site.? :o

Hi Paulinep, I havent seen any thing ese about it nor really thought about it but I remember seeing a Professor Winston programme which said omega 3 could help with behaviour. We had a child at the time who really could of done with a huge dose so it's worth thinking about! :D

Yes I saw that programme Rea! it also mentioned fish as a great source.

the little boy next door to me was errr shall we say behaviourally challenged! by pure fluke he was at Grandmas one day when she was eating mackeral and asked to taste it. He absolutely loved it!! since Mum introduced it into his diet on a very regular basis he is a changed child. He is an absolute delight and if I hadnt seen it with my own eyes I would have found it difficult to believe! His pre school staff cannot believe it is the same child - they now have no concerns and only positive things to say about him!

Oh and talking of Professor Winston I think his latest programme on the milennium babies is on tonight. The children taking part are now all about to start school - I remember watching the first one when they were all born and one when they were about 3.

Sorry didnt mean to hijack the organic milk conversation :o I think the trend is to think that anything organic is better for us than the 'norm' I have tried organic bread but yuk!!!

Thats an interesting and encouraging story Geraldine.

I tried buying some OMega 3 capsules but we all found them highly indegestible. But Im not overfond of mackeral either!

On the milk front, I have to be a bit sceptical as to how milk can be organic or not?

But as I dont provide milk for children I havent got to agonise over this one although I shall remain tuned as to your decisions!

intersting topic. As a vegetarian i have always been aware of the number of 'innocent' products that do contian meat in some form of the other. With concerns for Mad cow desease, i always make sure that products containing geletine consumed in nursery are from a vegetarian source and not from cows/pork.

I think organic milk would be a good idea but how far is it organic- i would be interested to know.

I think organic milk is from cows who are fed on organically grown grass and only eat natural products free from chemicals and fertilisers. I remember being warned by the midwife that alcohol can find it's way into breast milk so chemicals must be able to pass into cows milk.

Can we buy orgainc milk for under 5's and still get the money back?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)