Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Teachers Pay

Does anybody know what the going pay rate is for a qualified teacher in a private setting?

Thanks! :o

Edited by DebbieG

sorry if this is going to sound a bit negative, but it would really depend on the setting to a great degree..

and then it would be whatever they can realistically afford...

which I would guess for most is no where near a teachers salary in school setting

Inge

Hi there,

There is no 'going' rate in a private setting, as Inge said settings can only pay what they can afford.

If you are working towards EYPS then the setting will recieve £8000 a year - £3000 of this should go directly to you as the graduate while training to become an EYP and then when you hold the status you should get £5000 to enhance your salary.

I own a nursery and I am so glad that I am the teacher as I wouldn't be able to afford to pay myself and another teacher what they deserve!

The Graduate Leader fund is paid at different rates by Local Authorities. In Kent it is £5,000 which is £3,000 less than Devon, I think Hamshire and Essex pay more than Kent.

Could folks from different parts of the country post the amount paid to them so we can compare and ask questions of our authorities to justify the different amounts.

This fund makes a big difference when considering pay for staff with EYPS or QTS.

Thanks in advance for posting your payment amounts.

Stockport pay settings £3,000 to support an EYP's salary and CPD costs, settings receive £2,000 for staff working towards a recognised pathway to EYPS Degree, this is used by the setting to cover costs associated with the member of staff undertaking the training ie supply cover , books etc, it is not paid to the individual.

Once someone completes their degree they recieve £1000.00 reward from the GLF.

Julie :o

The Graduate Leader fund is paid at different rates by Local Authorities. In Kent it is £5,000 which is £3,000 less than Devon, I think Hamshire and Essex pay more than Kent.

Could folks from different parts of the country post the amount paid to them so we can compare and ask questions of our authorities to justify the different amounts.

This fund makes a big difference when considering pay for staff with EYPS or QTS.

Thanks in advance for posting your payment amounts.

LAs were not given the same amount of funds to delegate in the first place and they could decide how they targeted it. In my LA we went for settings in the areas of highest deprivation.

Cx

Edited by catma

* Validation Pathway (4 months): £500 available for supply cover

* Short EPD Pathway (6 months): £1000 available for supply cover

* Long EPD Pathway (15 months): £4000 available for supply cover

* Full Training Pathway (12 months): £5000 bursary paid directly to the candidate.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)