Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Early Years Professional Status

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum so bear with me as I'm still trying to find my feet.

I am in the process of embarking on EYPS course and I wonder whether there is anyone out there who's also taken the same leap or who has gained EYP Status.

Secondly, does anyone know how to evidence standard 2 and standard 11?

The question for standard 2 is: The individual ways in which children develop and learn from birth to the end of the foundation stage and thereafter. I do have an idea of what is required but I'm just not sure of how to evidence it. Someone, Please helop

hello and welcome to the forum, there are a few of us now who have acheieved EYPS.

if your local LA has signed up to http://www.eyps.info/ you will also gain info there.

As for standard 1 and 2 its just about ensuring that you show the assessor that you understand how the eyfs works and is implemented have the knowledge of childrens developmental stages and how these differ with different factors.

This can be evidenced in many ways through your written tasks by explaining how you understand and implement, using quotes to back up what you have said etc.

Also in your docs folder or on your setting visit anything if you can show (eg displays etc) how you understand and can implement or help others to implement these things will help show the assesssor you understand the standards.

hope this helps.... :o

Hi Toluwa!

I'm semi-new to the forum as well, and going to be starting the Full Pathway EYPS Course in 2 weeks time. :o

How come your course starts so early? What's it like so far?

I'm really excited to start the course, but kinda apprehensive as well.

Regards

Mark

http://earlychildcare.wordpress.com/

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum so bear with me as I'm still trying to find my feet.

I am in the process of embarking on EYPS course and I wonder whether there is anyone out there who's also taken the same leap or who has gained EYP Status.

Secondly, does anyone know how to evidence standard 2 and standard 11?

The question for standard 2 is: The individual ways in which children develop and learn from birth to the end of the foundation stage and thereafter. I do have an idea of what is required but I'm just not sure of how to evidence it. Someone, Please helop

Guest Wolfie

Welcoem to the forum toluwa and Mark! :o

I too have gained EYPS - as Hali says, there are a few of us around who will be able to help you on your way!

If you have only just embarked on the course, don't worry too much about starting to evidence individual standards - as you attend more tutorials, everything will be explained to you and you will have plenty of chances to discuss ways of evidencing the standards with your colleagues and with the tutors. If your authority has taken out a subscription to the Early Years Professional Status forum - a a"sister" site to this one - then you will also get a lot of help there as you progress.

In the meantime, congratulations on your decision to embark on EYPS! I remember feeling apprehensive too but in my experience you won't regret your decision, even if you have a few wobbles.....like we all do....along the way! xD

Welcome to the Forum, toluwa!

I agree with Wolfie - don't worry too much at this stage about the Standards if you're just embarking on EYPS (unless of course you're on the validation only pathway in which case I guess your query is a little more urgent!). When you get to that stage, have a good look at the candidate's handbook - there is a lot of good advice there.

Also as Wolfie says, your uni/training provider will help you identify how your practice demonstrates that you meet the Standards through sessions which are designed to examine what each standard means and what the assessor is looking for.

Which pathway are you on? We're all here to offer support and advice as necessary - as Wolfie says the whole process is very much one of fluctuating confidence levels: one minute you think you can conquer the world and the next you wonder if you'll make it. We're here to remind you that you can and will make it!

Maz

Hi Maz,

Thank you guys for all your supportive and encouraging words. I am starting the course on the 9th of September and I am following the short pathway which is six months. I just thought that I should thinking of how to evidence the standards.

Thanks a lot guys for all the info

Welcome to the Forum, toluwa!

I agree with Wolfie - don't worry too much at this stage about the Standards if you're just embarking on EYPS (unless of course you're on the validation only pathway in which case I guess your query is a little more urgent!). When you get to that stage, have a good look at the candidate's handbook - there is a lot of good advice there.

Also as Wolfie says, your uni/training provider will help you identify how your practice demonstrates that you meet the Standards through sessions which are designed to examine what each standard means and what the assessor is looking for.

Which pathway are you on? We're all here to offer support and advice as necessary - as Wolfie says the whole process is very much one of fluctuating confidence levels: one minute you think you can conquer the world and the next you wonder if you'll make it. We're here to remind you that you can and will make it!

Maz