Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

To All Who Have Done E115

Hi all, just had my registration forms in the post to register with OU for E115. Looking through the pack I find a form for someone else to fill in to be my confirmer. I'm not sure who I should ask to do this. I work as supervisor in a packaway pre-school. The chair will be signing my other form and I it says a senior co-worker could be my confirmer, but as I am supervisor there isnt anyone else higher than me. Would it be a big job to oversee what I send in? I do have a deputy but she has a busy life herself with 3 young children and dont want to put on her if its a big job.

I'd be pleased to hear any comments from anyone who has been in a similar situation. Who did you have as your confirmer and was it a hard job?

Thanks

Hi

I would check with your tutor who they would suggest as your confirmer in your case.

It is not really an arduous task to confirm that your evidence is your work but somebody will need to know your work. They do not have to say if your work is correct just that it is your work.

Hope that helps.

Hi all, just had my registration forms in the post to register with OU for E115. Looking through the pack I find a form for someone else to fill in to be my confirmer. I'm not sure who I should ask to do this. I work as supervisor in a packaway pre-school. The chair will be signing my other form and I it says a senior co-worker could be my confirmer, but as I am supervisor there isnt anyone else higher than me. Would it be a big job to oversee what I send in? I do have a deputy but she has a busy life herself with 3 young children and dont want to put on her if its a big job.

I'd be pleased to hear any comments from anyone who has been in a similar situation. Who did you have as your confirmer and was it a hard job?

Thanks

Hi Annabell

I work as a deputy manager in a preschool so it was quite straightforward for the manager to be my confirmer.

You should have received details of exactly what the confirmer role involves but it isn't really a 'big job'.

During the course you will collect evidence of your practice and complete forms known as EYCLOs On these forms you list your items of evidence of the front and on the reverse you write an explanation of how the evidence meets certain criteria. These forms are submitted at intervals during the course but before submission your confirmer needs to sign them. She is signing to say two things 1) what you have written reflects your practice and 2) the items you have listed as evidence do actually exist!

During E115 you will complete a Personal Evidence Folder(PEF) in which you put your 'confirmed evidence'. There will be times when you are 'working on' your EYCLOs but you only get them signed when you need to submit them and by then the pieces of evidence should be filed in your PEF. You would then arrange a mutually convenient time with your confirmer and she should look at the items listed on the front of the EYCLO and check that they are filed in your PEF. It doesn't need to be a particularly time consuming exercise but you do need a confirmer who is prepared to take on the role and sign paperwork when required. In the past some students had problems with timing but it's really down to time management - you will know well in advance when you need to complete the EYCLOs so you need to allow time to do the work and complete the form and then to also allow time to see your confirmer to get them signed before you submit them. It is really important that they are signed as to submit an unsigned EYCLO could result in failing an assignment.

PLEASE don't be overwhelmed by what I have said or some of the OU jargon - once you start the course it will soon become clear and there are quite a few ex and current E115 students who are members of this forum who will be more than happy to help if you need it. I would think that your deputy would be ideal and really don't think it will impose on her busy lifestyle too much, I don't think it is necessary to have someone 'higher up' as your confirmer just needs to be someone who understands what you do and can confirm it!! Hope this helps but if not just shout :o

Edited by Geraldine

i have just got all my stuff as well. Trying to finish essays for 123 and 124 e115 stuff looks very different. i too am the owner/manger of a pre school so have no one more senior nor any committee. i did thing my deputy could do it but was going to check. I understood that it was not much work and they just had to sign that what you did was your own work. Not looked at it too much though need to finish essays.

all the best

Hi all, thanks for your replys. Looks like it could be my deputy if I give her a box of chocolates in advance!! :o

Thanks Geraldine for the detailed reply, its certainly helped me understand it abit more and I think I am looking forward to doing it! Better get my forms sent off!!

I wish I had decided sooner so I had got my box of stuff like you buttercup! Hope your essay writing is going ok.

Annabell

Sound advice from Geraldine as usual! :o

I got my manager to be my confirmer as I also worked with her on some of my sessions in pre-school. I also got all of my colleagues on board and they pointed out of things I could use as evidence on the EYCLOs when they saw or heard me do certain things. Sometimes we can get caught up in situations and moments and don't see the rich evidence we are generating.

Good luck with the course! xD

My Deputy was my confirmer, it wasn't too onerous because she was familiar with all the paperwork I was using as evidence and could even suggest things as we went along. In Management meetings she would suggest 'if we discuss such and such this week it can be your evidence' I think she quite enjoyed studying vicariously! However with a brand new baby and a teenager at home (big gap) she doesn't feel able to do anything like that herself, but when she does, she'll know what it's all about

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)