Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Realistic Items In The Home Corner

Hope you are all enjoying your summer break...i dont get one : ( boo!!

Was just wondering whether you have any ideas or pictures you could upload of your homecorners and the use of realistic items? Really want to re-vamp mine!!!!!!

i have just ordered a brand new kitchen. old one centries old and fall to bits. not coming until end of september though it has all the mod cons better than mine at home.

anyway thats no help. i was thinking of using real veg in our shop maybe not fruit though.

they managed to get the money for ours to be revamped just as I left... 10 years of hand me downs and old stuff and they get new as I leave...

but they did get real knives and forks etc and were going to give real plates etc a go.. but dont think they had the bravery to do it.. I do think if they had perhaps less would be just emptied out onto the floor, but perhaps I am a bit optimistic..

they did to it as I suggested and made it into open plan living space with kitchen and sofas, table and chairs coffee table etc and also a computer/office in this area and it is always well used when I visit..

Inge

Hey

I am in a reception class and we use real saucepans (nothing too big), utensils, we also use real sized plates, bowls, cutlery however it is picnic stuff so plastic! We also use real baking tins etc in the playdough area!

I think it is important but you need to be realistic at the same time!!

Was just wondering whether you have any ideas or pictures you could upload of your homecorners and the use of realistic items? Really want to re-vamp mine!!!!!!

We always use as many real items as possible. The children love to have real tiny potatoes, sprouts, carrots etc. to cut up and use in their cooking. We buy real sized pots, pans, tins etc from the pound shops and collect as many empty soup cartons, cocoa tins and packets as possible. It rally does make a difference.

Here's a pretty decent looking homecorner from SparkleBox:

http://www.sparklebox.co.uk/gallery/gal86-90/gal89.html

They've also got labels and displays if you'd like to use them:

http://www.sparklebox.co.uk/thumbs296-300/sb300prev.html

Regards

Mark

http://earlychildcare.wordpress.com/

Hi

If you are looking for real cutlery Asda have a smartprice set at £2, not too expensive for a 16 piece cutlery set!

I too am a fan now of £1 shops. I have bought some screwdrivers and hammers for the woodwork in september from them. There are also some stanley knives i use for displays, my hubby used to be a painter and decorator and reckoned they were really good quality especially as you got 3 in a pack with replacement blades too, so go bag a bargin in the cheap shops.

I really can't believe I have just admitted to that!

Oh padlocks was another good buy I numbered the keys and coloured the locks great for fine motor skills in both girls and boys. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)