Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tower Of Hanoi

Just a thought!

Don't know if you have seen issue one of a puzzler magazine (now on sale) It's the usual introductory offer price of £1;99 for the first issue and probably nine million to come at an increased price.

This one is wooden puzzles of various sorts and issue one has a lovely wooden 'Tower of Hanoi' For those of you who are not familar with it - it is a wooden base with three vertical poles and a 'tower' of eight rings of different sizes.

I am not suggesting pre schoolers could use the puzzle as its intended but it is well made in light and dark, solid, varnished wood. Suddenly thought they would have fun just moving the circles from pole to pole, great for fine motor skills, hand -eye co ordination etc and then there is the opportunity for shape and size discussion and comparison.

For £1.99 thought it may be a nice little piece of equipment! Not sure what is to come but will keep my eye out to see if any of the future ones could be used to!

Can you do it yet Rea??? xD

The most annoying thing for me was my youngest son who announced "Oh that's soooo simple" and proceded to do it in no time at all :o Undeterred I soldiered on and I CAN do it now but takes a while!!! :D

Guest Sycamore

I bought this too! Great fun (if thats what you call it!). I spent hours to no avail but other half did it in about half an hour, through gritted teeth and not being allowed to be spoken to the whole time!

Done it!!! Only took 1453647 moves (give or take one or two :o ) :D

I was going to cheat but the solution is in next months issue and at £6.66 I thought I'd have another go xD

while the 3D version is fun i have been playing his for years as a child and with my own childen using playing cards. same principal we used 9 cards 1-9 laid in a tower and you could not put a higher number on top of the one before- (make sence? ) I must be old!!

enjoy the fun children.............

Inge

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)