Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Attainment On Entry Useful Downloads

Guest tinkerbell

Guest tinkerbell

Thought I would point people in the direction of 2 booklets on the internet

I have been using the one from the tes for the past couple of years it can be found in their resources section.I have also found one and a lot of lovely Early years useful downloads on communication4 all website.

Tinkerbellx

http://www.communication4all.co.uk/

Edited by tinkerbell

Thought I would point people in the direction of 2 booklets on the internet

I have been using the one from the tes for the past couple of years it can be found in their resources section.I have also found one and a lot of lovely Early years useful downloads on communication4 all website.

Tinkerbellx

http://www.communication4all.co.uk/

thankyou very much what a useful website, im sure i will be able to use it throughout the year x

Thanks for the link - my trusty old computer has died and I've lost all my favourites so this is now added.

Just a query to everyone, something that's worrying me a little. Given that 80% of assessments/observations for the EYFSP are supposed to come from observing children in learning from child led activities, and that we're not supposed to 'test' children, how accurate are the results from using booklets like this. I know I used the booklet from tes a few years ago and found it quite straight forward (if time consuming) to deliver, but I then awarded the point for writing about mark marking and ascribing meaning to marks, when I then found that if not directed to 'write' a few children just wouldn't do it, I also (probably wrongly :o ) led children who said 'I can't write my name' with just have a go, and if they made any mark gave the point.

I'd really like your opinions on this as so much weight is being given to profile scores and they ARE being used to show value added and predict KS2 SAT results.

Guest tinkerbell

Hi Harricot

I understand your worries if we are using these booklets for scoring the children.

I have always used the booklet or someform of baseline,to get a measure of the children as they come from 7 settings and some send no paper work or paperwork 2 months later!

This will be the first time I will 'score' the children as an entry score.....not the first assessments for the e-profile as they will be done at the end of the 8 weeks after teaching and learning has taken place.and will be using the observations of child initiated 80%....I will make some sort of chart/sheet as an initial 'rough,ballpark figure'(headteachers words).

Ofsted were very keen for this information in March.

What worries me though is a child who would have been happy to leave mum and dad in nursery as it would be familiar etc is not going to neccessarily be that comfortable starting a brand new school!so its all a bit 'suck it and see'.

hoops to jump through

Tinkerbellx

Hi Tinkerbell,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have a temporary classroom assistant who hasn't had any early years training so I know that she will feel comfortable using this booklet - so I will probably use it. I get where you're coming from with using booklet now - you use it for your own assessment and understanding of what they can/can't do but don't use it for the profile scores.

Thanks again,

Harricroft.

Many thanks Tinkerbell, it has loads of useful resources.

On entry booklet can be found by clicking on Early Years and the Foundation Printables, scroll down and you find the booklet.

It look really good.

Jane x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)