Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Classroom Displays On Entry

Hi all, newbie here so not sure if i've posted this in the right place!

I've been in doing the usual tidy up and sort out in my classroom today and am in need of some inspiration for displays ready for the children's first day.

I'm not going too mad as i want to put their work up but just ideas for areas such as the home corner. What have you all got up ready for the children to see when they first start-i don't want them to come into all blank walls!

So far i've got birthday balloons, golden rules and that's about it!

Many thanks

We have our 'I can' tree up, ready for children to add leaves saying what they can do. Later, we will have a celebration morning and parents will stick blossom post its on saying what is good about their children.

We have our 'I can' tree up, ready for children to add leaves saying what they can do. Later, we will have a celebration morning and parents will stick blossom post its on saying what is good about their children.

What a lovely idea! What do you actually ask parents for, things that make their child special, things their child is good at...? Or anything - kind of like WOW vouchers?

Why not use a story book they might already know and then use the first few days to collectively create a large collage using mixed media of the story and the characters. Great way to let children dip in and out, offer their ideas, and get to know about the range of creative resources available if an adult supports it through sustained shared time.

Cx

Hi Kerryg4 and welcome to this fab forum...

How about a naughty numberline up to 10 on a washing line and the numbers are in wrong order. The children have to come in and sort out the numbers.

Interactive music displays at their level on trolley or unit are fun to come into. Also we set up a bank or post office area and a phonic display with pics and objects of things that rhyme or all start with same letter.

Redbase :o

Edited by redbase

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)