Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Caf Cards

Has anyone had experience of or used the early years caf cards. If so how have you used tehm and have you had any success with them.

I have been asked to collate some information regarding them and am very interested in any views and experiences that you are willing to share please.

thank you in anticipation killowengirl

I must confess I hadn't heard about them until I read your post.

For those of you like me here's a link to the CAF cards website! You need to click on the EYcafCARDS link!

Maz

I've had a good look on the (very impressive) website but I can't see any practical examples of how the cards are used - so I am really interested to see if any one here has experience of using them and can share their views.

Maz

I've had a good look on the (very impressive) website but I can't see any practical examples of how the cards are used - so I am really interested to see if any one here has experience of using them and can share their views.

Maz

I've not heard of them either - but after looking at the link they do look interesting. Is it something offered by Oldam LA or is that just the name of the company?........I couldn'd see where or how you buy them, or are they just sold as a training package?

I have used them my self for the last 6 months they are part of the caf training and are used to help and support parents and children. They have examples of questions on the back of them and are meant to represent everyday situations that children are familiar with. There is a set for older children but I have only used the early years ones.

they were originally developed to help with the caf assessments but I have used them in many different situations successfully. I hope this is of some help explaing what they are about.

killowengirl

they were originally developed to help with the caf assessments but I have used them in many different situations successfully. I hope this is of some help explaing what they are about.

I did get the impression they would be good for stimulating conversation and looking at issues around self-esteem - would that be right?

Also, have you got an idea of how much they cost, and how much training would be needed etc?

Maz

they cost £15.00 for a set of cards which include emotion cards and the tiger puppet. I comes in a draw string bag. the training was only 1/2 a day but when you dont have to have it. when you are as experienced as you Maz you have your own ways because you know the children and the families.

I have used them in many different situations but also as a circle time activity with whole group work. they are very versatile and the children love the puppet. they really help children open up and do stimulate lots of discussion.

killowengirl

they cost £15.00 for a set of cards which include emotion cards and the tiger puppet.

Gosh! I would have thought they'd be more expensive than that! Worth a punt at £15 - I shall order some and see how I get on! I've just sent an email asking for more information so we'll see how I get on.

Thanks killowengirl - always good to get the voice of experience!

Maz

Edited by HappyMaz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)