Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nvq 3 K3d213

Guest cheryl3

Guest cherylbetts

Never done this before, so please forgive me if I have done it all wrong!

I need help please. Unit 303 is driving me round the bend. I am on the last bit but have come to a hault. Can anyone help me with the advantages and disadvantages of Friedrich Froebel's theory????!!! Pleaseeeeeeeee this is doing my head in...Arrhhhhhh

Thanks guys.

Cheryl x

Hiya Cheryl and a very warm welcome to the forum! xD

Froebel........hmmm, need to think about that........hopefully someone much more 'clever' than me, will come along and help you while I'm still thinking!!! :o

Just a quick edit to say - if you 'google' you will find loads.......

That will save my poor worn out old brain too!

Edited by sunnyday

Guest cherylbetts

Hi, thanks for that, that's what I done for the others, but all I am finding or old Friedrich Froebel's theory is constent praise, no advantages or disadvantages!

All Googled out now!!!

If you think of any let me know - and don't worry my brain wore out long ago!!!!

Thanks again, Cheryl x :o

my L3 text book says that" he was the founder of the Kindergarden system -who devised activities for young children that encouraged learning through play.

he was the first educator to see the importance of play in developing childrens learning and thinking. he belived that play was central to childrens learning and their understanding of concepts. he pioneered the concept of hands on experiance which forms the basis of learning through play and active learning. he also belived childhood was a state in its on right and not just a preperation fopr adulthood. it was his work that moved early education away from sitting in rows and learning by rote " PHEW !! :o

Guest cherylbetts

This is great thank you, any ideas for any disadvantages, that is the real one I am struggleing with - the guy seems to be a bit of a hero...

mmm ... you need to think of reasons why its good for children to learn through play, the benefits etc -here is some good info -

http://udel.edu/~roberta/play/benefits.html

http://www.kidsdevelopment.co.uk/BenefitsO...esChildren.html

not sure about the disadvantages really -not sure if there are any, as this is the way we are used to working in our settings ! i suppose you could look into the benefits of a more 'formalised' curriculum

Guest cherylbetts

Yeah, I think that is what I will do.

Thanks for your help, I can assure I will be back, this site is brilliant - now I have understood how to post something!!

Thanks again.

Cheryl x

:o im a bit of a newbie to this site myself - everyone has been really helpful and friendly , also lots of great ideas and tips, and its good to get other peoples opinions and experiences.

how is your L3 going ? im taking a break from mine for a bit - want to get some paperwork sorted out before going back to work in sept - 6 weeks off, that must of been a joke right xD

Wouldn't the disadvantage be that if a child was praised CONSTANTLY they might become immune to it and not feel it was not valuable?

Constant praise with nothing to specifically praise will mean nothing to children after a time?

I dunno!!

Too early for my brain cells!!

Guest cherylbetts
:o im a bit of a newbie to this site myself - everyone has been really helpful and friendly , also lots of great ideas and tips, and its good to get other peoples opinions and experiences.

how is your L3 going ? im taking a break from mine for a bit - want to get some paperwork sorted out before going back to work in sept - 6 weeks off, that must of been a joke right xD

Morning - think this site is fantastic. L3 bit mind blowing, got myself a bit of a back log as loads of other things to do and yes 6 weeks off - what is that all about.

Never mind onwards and upwards!

Thanks everyone.

Cheryl x

Edited by cherylbetts

Hi there!

I have just finished my level 3, but we didnt do this theorist, everyone else but not him!

Am about to go out shopping, but if you are still a bit stuck let us know and I can have a look around and see what I can find, got a couple of good text books as well as the course one!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)