Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Credit Transfer With Ou

Hi

I am thinking of doing the BA Early Years with the OU. I have got qualifications equivalent to a foundation degree, so was wanting to apply for a credit transfer. I have looked into this on the website. It has put me off a bit the fact that you have to send them your original certificates and get lots of information from where you studied. I am worried incase my certificates get lost in the post or get mislaid. The other information I should beable to sort easily enough. Am I just being silly? I was wondering if anyone else has applied for credit transfer and how you found it, to put my mind at rest.

Thanks xD

Netta

Also if anyone has done this degree with the OU your opinions about it would be welcomed. Thanks again. :o

Er , yeah. I did my Advanced Diploma in Childcare and Education as a course underwritten by the OU and they wouldn't accept it as credit transfer towards the FDEY. Too long ago apparently. Not all courses will accept credit transfer either

Hi

I have just finished my foundation degree with the OU. I credit tranfered my NVQ CCLD 4 which meant I only had to do level 2. Found the credit transfer easy - probably the fact that it was the new NVQ and I had only just completed it helped. Hoewever undertaking level 2 was a challenge as it built on level 1 - this made for a steep learning curve - not for the faint hearted! I would speak to the OU - I have in the past and found them helpful - they should be able to advise you if your course is stand alone to see if you may face the same challenge as I did. I am going on to study for my full degree next and from what I know I don`t think you should have the same issue - what course are you taking?

Sally

Hi Sally

I was thinking of taking the BA (HONS)in Early Years. I have spoke to OU and they were really helpful and put my mind at rest a little. It's just daunting trying to sort it all out, but I don't want to start until after Christmas, as I have alot going on until then and think leaving it until then will help me prepare much better!

Thank you for your advice. Which degree are you taking. I was also considering the childhood and youth studies but think the Early years one will suit me better.

Netta

I was going to put up a thread about this.

I am looking at completing my BA (Hons) Early Years with the OU. So it sounds like I need to ring up OU some time over the school holidays.

Beth

I was going to put up a thread about this.

I am looking at completing my BA (Hons) Early Years with the OU. So it sounds like I need to ring up OU some time over the school holidays.

Beth

oops! I have just replied to you on your other message Beth :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)