Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Drooling Over These Toys!

Cait

very nice Cait, theres some cute stuff in the pocket money section me and my daughter have been sitting here going "aaaahhhh" at all the little gnome stuff

I want some of those small natural wooden log building blocks Ive been eyeing them up for ages no pennies(or pounds!) in the pot at them moment though

very nice Cait, theres some cute stuff in the pocket money section me and my daughter have been sitting here going "aaaahhhh" at all the little gnome stuff

I want some of those small natural wooden log building blocks Ive been eyeing them up for ages no pennies(or pounds!) in the pot at them moment though

I like those too - Zebedee just said, well we're cutting bits of the apple tree this autumn - what's the difference?

yeah I made my own last year, I pruned a variety of bushes in my garden and made a sack of various size sticks/twigs to go on our discovery table they lasted ages and the children had a great time in the autumn making pretend bonfires and stick houses for the little pigs

that reminds me they have used all the sticks up time for some more

wonder what other plants I can butcher in the garden for the sake of the discovery table..... nettles, wild roses and brambles Im sure I would be popular!!!! maybe a tub of soggy grass cuttings for mondays summer club? we used to love grass cuttings when I was a child

and its all cheaper than the catalogue!

The mindstretchers's Tree Blocks are cheaper but some of the other sets are more expensive http://www.mindstretchers.co.uk/cat/CSW/MSTB36.html and I think I paid the same (£20ish) at Early Excellence

Hi

Do you know what they were alled at Early Excellence - I just looked on their site and couldn't find them.... at mindstretchers they're out of stock

any clues?

pw x

Talking of wooden things which are so much more aesthetically pleasing and tactile to use. I found a bamboo bee catcher in Sainsbury's yesterday, (£3.99) I immediately thought what a great pen holder for my desk. :o

I'm thinking they would make good maraca's too, just fill with dry peas and cover each end. I love adapting objects for different purposes, don't you?

Peggy

p.s. Also got one in the garden too, next to my lavender plant. xD

post-3604-1248598030_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1248598092_thumb.jpg

Talking of wooden things which are so much more aesthetically pleasing and tactile to use. I found a bamboo bee catcher in Sainsbury's yesterday, (£3.99) I immediately thought what a great pen holder for my desk. :o

I'm thinking they would make good maraca's too, just fill with dry peas and cover each end. I love adapting objects for different purposes, don't you?

Peggy

p.s. Also got one in the garden too, next to my lavender plant. xD

Now I need to go to Sainsburys!

We have the garage Jesters sell. Its lovely to look at but falls apart easily as does the rescue centre .I do like the russian dolls for the emormous turnip story :o

we have the large rainbow blocks from myriad - really versatile, each child seems to use them in a different way. I also love the gerda muller seasons picture books - again, real hits with the children

oh oh oh found another site!!!! Jesters oh I want a farm and a garage and a house and a ..................

We had two of the 'birds' on a side table at preschool, the children often stopped to play with them as a sort of rest between more active activities. xD

I also remember having the tumbling clowns when I was a child. (many moons ago :o )

Peggy

post-3604-1248642800_thumb.png