Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Learning Journey About Journeys!

Hi everybody,

Firstly just wanted to say how fab this forum is!! Secondly am starting my first year in Reception in September and our first learning journey is about Journeys. Have got some preliminary ideas but am just wondering if anybody has done the topic and has some fab experiences they set up which really seemed to work. Any feedback would be great.

Thank you, Lexy :o

Hi Lexy. Just to say welcome. This is a lovely friendly forum. No ideas spring to mind immediately I'm afraid. Just the book the train ride. I'm sure someone with something exciting will come along soon though. :o

all the children made a passport for their bear that they brought in, chose a holiday from a brochure - booked and got tickets from the travel agents, shopped for suitable clothes from catalogues, which they 'packed' (glued down) in a suitcase. Then they had to go through the airport departure system, have a holiday (picnic outside) and return. They all used the digital camera in turn to record what bear did on his travels and then made scrapbook.

Children were travel agents, catalogue people, ticket vendors at railway stations, drivers, guards, hostesses, baggage handlers, ticket collectors, passport control, weighing bags in and putting labels on, etc etc

Any use?

Edited by Cait

Thanks so much for your post Cait!!! All those ideas sound fantastic. Especially all the different roles the children can take. I am so looking forward to September. Have a good summer!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)