Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Broke Up For Summer Hols

Have now broken up for summer hols and have spent the whole day on here, just realised how many threads are ending in 'Cupcake', don't want to be known as a notorious thread killer :o so going to log off and defrost something for dinner.

Claire x

Hi All - I finished today - a loads of mixed emotions - been a hard hard year - lots of kids with behaviour issues and am glad of the rest and chance to re-charge myself - feel I need to plug myself into the socket and sleep for six weeks or so. Really lovely morning - parents so appreciative and all the kids gave me a big hug ah ah....... hope everyone has a really wonderful summer and a well earned rest......Dot :o

you may be logging off but not for long..... i broke up last Friday after a lovely end of term/leavers party and i have reguarly been on here so far xD

i hope everyone has a nice rest over summer, don't work too hard :o

Yes .... 'I'm free' too!

We held a Teddy Bears Picnic today.......just lovely all but three of our children there.......lots of mums.....a few dads...and some grandparents too........the weather was far from ideal.......but atmosphere - wonderful. Have received lots of wonderful pressies...including some really original ideas.....a voucher from a company called 'home cooking' - you just choose your dishes and they are delivered to your house - lovely,.......a cushion that has a photo of a child's junk model robot on it - mum emailed a photo of the model to a company called bags of love who then produced the cushion - brilliant!

Cards with the most moving messages - I like to leave those to open at home - always have a little weep!

I have never known a school year pass so quickly - lots to 'deal with' - not least the changes brought about by the dawn of the EYFS, some really quite challenging children - massively rewarding to see the changes in them though and then of course we have had the dreaded swine flu!

Wishing everyone a super sunny holiday!

Sunnyday

P.S. party at mine I think.......have been given soooo many 'bottles' - you could help me eat the chocs. too.......when am I ever going to start a diet?!!! :o

It seems strange not to be 'breaking up' this year for the first time, its hard to get used to all year round working after ..... (lots) of years working term time.

But well done all of you for getting to the end of your year and enjoy the rest recuperation and holidays whatever you are up to.

well we've broke up for our main sessions but we are staying open for 5 weeks of summer sessions only 2 sessions per week just to give the mums a respite from the children or maybe we are giving the children respite from the mums!?!?

but it still feels good to know we have finished the main term.

Our last day today as well but it was spoilt as one of our children has been diagnosed with swine flu, the boss came to speak to all of our parents together this morning and told him the situation, 6 children were taken home, (2 pregnant mums, 1 just back from ENT surgery, ! who was definitely under the weather herself and two others). Only had 14 left as others have already gone on holiday.It doesn't feel any different to any other evening!

:o

I too had a really strange end of day - our builders were finally leaving and I had to attend the formal handover. I now have the keys to our new toilet, know how the fire alarms work, where the electric circuit box is etc.

But it meant I had to leave the farewells to the children to my staff - it felt really odd. I didn't like it. I feel I missed a bit - but whooppppeeeeee after 2 years work we have our internal toilet and we are now secure...

We celebrated with some fizzy jelly sweets -----