Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

E100 The Early Years: Developing Practice With The Ou

Will also hopefully be starting this one. just received registration forms. Finishing U212 at the moment and dreading the exam. Dropped out of ED209, too much to do and not enough time. Ended up having a breakdown trying to juggle work, uni, family etc. So hoping this one will be a bit easier on me, and I'm no longer trying to rush through the degree - I'll get there when I get there.

Hi - I'm Donna

Just received my coursework from the OU for E100 - I have been a childminder in Lancashire for the past 12 years and thought it's about time I got a qualification to back up my experience.

Had a quick look through and at the moment I'm thinking OMG but I'm sure that is a normal reaction.

Looking forward to sharing my "learning journey" over the next 9 months.

:o

Hi Donna. Just wanted to welcome you to the forum!

Good luck with your OU studies. I'm sure you'll be fine once you've had a read through the contents of the box.

There are lots of past and current OU students on the forum as well as members like yourself just starting out. You'll find lots of support and help should you need it.

Enjoy browsing around. :o

KarenM - how have you found U212? I have absolutely loved it and am sorry to have finished - hoping I can do myself and the course justice in the exam!!

E215 course materials have been delayed, not now due for despatch until 16th of this month. Drat! Wanted to get a good start looking at them, as this will be my last step to the degree - oooh, thought I'd never actually be saying that! :o

Good luck all you folk starting out on E100, some of my colleagues are doing it, so I will be with you in spirit at each stage.

Sue

Hi all,

I'm also starting E100 in October and will just be revising for the final exam for E209 on 21/10 so only a teeny bit of an overlap!

I got the materials today and got really really excited then I had a peek at the TMA's and thought 'OMG what have I let myself in for now!!!, I will never understand all this'

Then I had a flashback to when all the stuff came for ED209 and had a strange feeling I've been here before..... :(

And 5 assignments later with scores of between 74% and 87% I think I can confidently say that I DID get to understand it all, and when the time comes to write the assignments it will all make sense!! :oxD:(

Hope these are a few words of encouragement for anyone else feelig a bit overwhelmed!

It will be great to support each other.

Good luck all

Thanks for all the support - I'm sure I will be posting lots of HELP messages on here in the next 9 months!

:o

PS Good luck to everyone.

Edited by Guest

woweee it came today... my pack has finally arrived, I'm excited...

my biggest problem will be not trying to do all assignments at once... arrrrrrrgh so much to read and I want to read them all now now now!!!

• 2 weeks later...

hello im also starting foundation degree E100 with the ou in october i know it going to be alot of hard work but i know it will be worth it.

for anyone out there who has completed the foundation degree with the ou how long did it take you.

hello im also starting foundation degree E100 with the ou in october i know it going to be alot of hard work but i know it will be worth it.

for anyone out there who has completed the foundation degree with the ou how long did it take you.

HI

Good luck with your studies and hope you enjoy the journey as much as I have :o

I started with the OU in 2003 when they first intoduced the foundation degree. How long it takes depends when you choose to study each course and whether you do more than one course at a time. All the courses I have done have been first presentations and I had to wait here and there along the way when courses were being written and therefore my timescale is probably not truly representative of how long it takes. The OU site states:

The minimum study time to complete the Open University’s Foundation Degree in Early Years is two years and 8 months which would be the equivalent to full-time study and would require exceptional commitment to studying.

How many and when you do your courses is personal choice and dependent on other commitments really.

I am now right at the end of my OU study and went on after the Foundation Degree and achieved BA Early Years in December 2008 and am now finishing my final course to top up to BA (Hons) Early Years.

I have done E123 E124(now amalgamated and presented as E100) E115 (all level 1) E243 E230 E215 (level 2)KE312 EK311(level 3)

There are lots of past and current OU students on this forum so feel free to shout if you need any help xD

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still waiting to be able to start. I have a message appeared asking for my registration forms that I printed out, but I haven't printed any out! I'm no getting concerned that I won't be able to start :o . Have emailed them, and will ring them in the morning.

I am starting my last course on Saturday. I started in October 2007 and am on course to complete in May 2010 - that's the 2 years 8 months Geraldine was quoting.

Sue

I am starting my last course on Saturday. I started in October 2007 and am on course to complete in May 2010 - that's the 2 years 8 months Geraldine was quoting.

Sue

I am in the same club as Sue.

Doubling up and trippling for a short time this year!

I studyed E123/4, E115 (L1), E230 E243 and my box has arrived for E215 beginning on Saturday.

I really couldn't face the idea of an exam!!!

Good luck

Vicky

I have a friend helping me for my exam revision. She reads out random words from my mind map and I have to explain it to her. Working quite well so far. Fingers crossed for the 13th for both of us.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

I'm new!! starting OU in October, really excited ... nice to know there's other people out there

nix

Hi Nic which course are you starting

regards

Janine

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)