Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ohp

Has anyone any bright ideas about using an OHP in a role play area. I thought I may put one in the role play area and the children can experiment with putting various things on it, shadows etc and eventually drawing on acetates - any other ideas??????

Hi Chris -

I don't think it mentions OHPs although it does use interactive whiteboards, but there is a very good cd based resource from the DfES on the Foundation Stage and ICT. This has a section on ICT and role play which you might find interesting.

Just a thought - also, since it's free (how often can you say that! ), it's probably worth ordering anyway!

Co-incidentally, we've just posted a review of it, which you can find here, with contact details etc. :)

Hi Chris

I have found the Little Book of Light and Shadow. On p42 - p49 it has a few ideas for using an OHP. It says that OHP can be used in many different ways to support investigation and exploration. Of course you need a safe place and I would have to have an adult there at all times.

When our topic was Light and Dark last half term, I used the Little Book and found it useful. I thought it would be great if we could get hold of an OHP - but unfortunately we couldn't.

Sue J

The only thing we ever did with an OHP was to put big pieces of paper on the wall and get the children to sit still (!) sideways on while we drew round their outlines. We then had fun guessing who was who at circle time. It was very adult-intensive but the result was very enjoyable!

Carolyn

Hi! I've used the ohp to do shadow pictures. I used the story Handa's Surprise and brought in the fruit from the story. I had, in the week before, done silhouettes of the children so they knew what i was talking about. Then that week they did their own shadow pictures of the fruit. Everyone then guessed what they were - of course the banana and the pineapple were the easiest!! Hope this helps :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)