Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

On The Job Front

Hi all

Well after applying to be bank staff and visiting one pre-school (about 1 month ago) they have now asked me to come for interview. The positive thing was that they didnt just send me the letter they actually called me first to arrange it :( then sent the letter. Not sure of the hours or whatever (forgot to ask as was a bit confused at the time!) but hey will go along and see what they say.

Also applied for the TA job in the foundation unit of a school (2 posts one morning, one afternoon).Must admit to liking the sounds of this one, plus it offers me all the hours I need so would be able to give up sainsburys. Would also mean that I woud have to give up my current setting. Have told my supervisor this (as she is my reference) and she is gutted. Especially as the deputy we have does not seem to be working out for us as a team (thats another story!). Do think there will be lots of competition for the TA job but fingers crossed. Closing date is tomorrow.

Also step mum asking at the co-op if they have any hours during the day available :rolleyes: :o:(. This woud of course be my last option but I am desperate to stop working nights and weekends.......

meanwhile still looking...... xD

Supervisor was off ill today, got agency in and a local lady (level 2) is covering our deputy at the moment for her holidays :unsure: plus one other staff member. I arrived to be told I was running the session (given that the children didnt really know the local lady and agency staff, plus they arent well up on our routines etc). It was great experience, the kids were great and everything went to plan. Really enjoyed it all. :( :wacko: xD Gave me a huge confidence boost

Edited by marley

Good luck with the job hunt!!

As for the TA role I have all crossed for you but don't be disgruntled or upset if you don't get it........ the post in our school which they were interviewing for today had a huge amount of interest.

On the plus side you obviously have experience working with children which apparently many of the applicants did not!

Again, good luck x

Hi Marley - why are you not the deputy at your setting - seems you are needed there and have all the skills - do you think they will let you go ???? Dot :o

Also remember at schools that sometimes they have people already in mind - but fingers crossed for you

Good luck with the job hunt!!

As for the TA role I have all crossed for you but don't be disgruntled or upset if you don't get it........ the post in our school which they were interviewing for today had a huge amount of interest.

On the plus side you obviously have experience working with children which apparently many of the applicants did not!

Again, good luck x

Yes think it will be very popular. Last job I went for at a pre-school near there had 9 applicants ( I got down to last 2 but other candidate already had qualification...doh!). My setting on the other hand struggles to fill vacancies as we are out in the sticks. Deputy job only got 2 applicants...very frustrating as there wasnt much choice and we had to make do (cant afford more agency).Will have to see what happens.

As for deputy at my setting...while we had agency cover on and off trying to recruit I did the job but couldnt be official as not qualified! Only 3 staff in per day so deputy has to be level 3 as other staff in training (me and job share who is doing level 2). I am aware that new deputy is not doing the things she should be doing and that this is currently being noted. However even if she leaves I still would not be able to replace her unless it was xmas time :o as it will be about then that i should be notfied of passing my course. I know she is on 3 month probation period but that will pass next month. Frustrating in that i have only one more assignment to hand in (all written) but cant be submitted until sept and then have to wait until dec for final result. Have passed all the other ones so far. Its a shame that as far as i can see my current setting cannot offer me anymore hours and 2 mornings per week is not enough.

Good to hear that you have got an interview Marley!

Will be good to hear that one of us can give up the dreaded retail role. Fingers crossed for you!!

Have just checked the internet and local job sites and there is nothing, as per usual!!

Let us know how you get on!