Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sainsbury Chosen Charity

blondie

just heard today that we have been chosen by our local sainsbury as their chosen charity for the year - its only a little shop but the man i spoke to said he is very enthusiastic and loves this part of his job - we dont have to actually say what we will use the money on beforehand just let them know what we have done with the money.

this came about because they put out a box where shoppers had to nominate a charity of their choice and say why they had chosen this - the company then looked through and decided which one they wanted to work for

so if you see a box in your local sainsbury asking for suggestions for chosen charity - go for it - you might just be lucky

I did this for my pre-school. You would have thought given that i work at the sainsburys we might have got to the final 3 ie support your colleague etc......but no...its down to scouts, a home for terminally ill, and providing speaking books for the blind xD

They think that we are rolling in money as we live in a middle class area :o

Oh well!