Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Staff Appraisals

Currently staff appraisals are not done in my work place unless you are a teacher!

I would like to start doing them with my staff (we work under the school umbrella) in private nursery provision and afterschool club.

Can anyone point me in the direction of any examples please?

Do you have anything you use that works really effectively?

Is it one form you and your staff write on or do you both do separate ones?

How often? Yearly?

Are the goals/ objectives reviewed before the next appraisal?

Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Thanks for your time!!

There have been alot of examples of appraisal forms on the forum....

we do ours yearly, we discuss training needs, what they enjoy, dislike, any problems...we discuss all the questions on the appraisal form

i give the staff a form the week before the appraisal that they fill in, we then sit down and go through it all together, at the end we set targets for the year, items for them to work towards..

I've attached what I used to use with guidance notes for staff.

We did ours annually. Appraisals I believe are for acknowledging achievements and definately not for grievance issues.

It is just as much about the employer as the employee.

The criteria for performance judgements are also used in the staffs job descriptions.

Peggy

APPRAISAL_FORM_SUMMER_2003.doc

Guidelines_for_staff_appraisal_forms_summer_2003.doc

• 2 weeks later...

who is responsible for doing appraisals. We have a slightly unusual set up where there is no nursery manager, so I, as supervisor, am in charge of the day to day runnning. But in other settings, the supervisor wouldn't complete an appraisal. I have done one before as something needed doing and the committee was, at the time, non-existent practically. Now we have a better committee, should they do the appraisals?

who is responsible for doing appraisals. We have a slightly unusual set up where there is no nursery manager, so I, as supervisor, am in charge of the day to day runnning. But in other settings, the supervisor wouldn't complete an appraisal. I have done one before as something needed doing and the committee was, at the time, non-existent practically. Now we have a better committee, should they do the appraisals?

Sounds like your set up is a little like ours - no manager!

Our Committee tries to do them annually, however as they don't really know what is going on/required they go through the motions of doing them and just hope nothing gets bought up!

I would say the employer has the responsibility for appraisals, so in your case the committee, but there is no reason why you, as supervisor, couldn't sit in on the appraisal and do it jointly with the committee personell representative. :o

Peggy

OOh that reminds me - I've still one staff member to 'do'! She was off when we had the rest of them! right - Monday morning - I'll text her now!!!! She's had all the paperwork and filled in all the forms!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)