Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Spring Planning-sorry!

Hi everybody,

I haven't really introduced myself properly yet. My name is Emma and I'm an NQT working in a Reception class. The forum is fab and I've already picked up loads of great ideas - I've also got hold of a great numberline which was my last request on here!

..... Now I need some help with ideas for next half terms planning. (sorry I know we all need to get Christmas out of the way first) It's just i'm worrying because I have no books/resources which I can partially rely on for next half terms themes. The only long term plan I'm given to work from is headings - next terms being 'winter weather' and 'fairy tales'. I have managed with the topics so far as the previous ones have been fairly easy to conjour up interesting ideas for but these two leave me a bit stuck. Basically I would be very grateful for any ideas for any areas of development using these themes. I know it's a very broad request but ANY tips etc would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

cANT HELP MUCH i'M AFRAID, i'M ON CLOUD 9 AFTER HANDING IN MY RESIGNATION, BUT HOW ABOUT THE TRUETH BEHIND SOME OF THE FAIRY STORIES, i FOUND A SITE AGES AGO THAT TELS THE TRUETH BEHIND NURSERY RHYMES. wINTER WEATHER, CLOTHES, WEATHER CHART, ANIMALS ACTIVIY, PLANTS THAT HAVE KEPT THEIR LEAVES, WINTER IN DIFFERENT COUNTRIES SORRY THATS IT. FOR FUTURE REFERENCE, i'VE GOT A BRILLIANT BOOK 'pLANNING FOR THE fOUNDATION sTAGE'-IDEAS FOR THEMES ANSD ACTIVITIES. pENNY tASSONI. rEALLY HELPFUL. :D:D

Appologies for terrible text, realised too late :o

Emma,

I always find it easier to break my planning down into 'chunks' which are easier to manage. Fairy tales is a huge subject - maybe if you decide which fairy tales you want to do and then come up with ideas based around a few particular ones. You could choose some the children will be very familiar with like Cinderella, and others they might not know. I'm pretty sure there was a topic about fairy tales a while a go - I'll have a scout round. :D

Winter weather - changes to water (freezing different sized blocks and watching them melt, add warm water or salt to see them change), snow pictures, music and movement to 'The Snowman', making those paper snowflakes things. Sure there must be loads more but I am too tired to think just now. :D

Here are some past topics you might find useful

PE in reception

Fairy tale activities

Also just remembered Helens famous freezing teddy. :( Sorry Steve - hope the nightmares don't return!! :oxD Spray a teddy with water, put it in a plastic bag and place it in the freezer overnight. Get it out next day and show it to the children - tell them it got left outside and is freezing cold and ask them how they can help to warm him up. :)

You are all absolutely fab! Thank you so much everybody for all the great ideas, and thank you for those who attached planning.I love the freezing teddy!

I'm so grateful, it will make my life soooooo much easier. I can't beleive how amazing this site is!

Thanks again,

Emma :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)