Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fund Raising

We are in the church hall and need to get out! The local school has an empty bungalow we can have, head, governers and land owners agree. Plans drawn up, builder in place. Shame we don't have the money to do it :(

We seem to be able to raise £300 -

Last night we had a fab curry night and raised about £300 :o

sponsored walk £300

coffee morning £300

Any ideas how we get past our £300 point? xD

Anybody done a big fundraising campaign and have any fab ideas?

Thanks,

Kirsty

we have a pub quiz night in the local :o , teams of six £15 each team, we also have a raffle and guess the number game.

depending on how many teams enter, tickets sold etc, we easily go over your £300 barrier

goodluck xD

wow your lucky t have premises to move too :o

do an aution - get local companies to donate ad do promises of cleaning/ironng/babysittig - we did 2 over 3 years made £1000 each time xD

We hold a sponsored 'I Can Do' event each year. Parents get neighbours, family and friends to sponsor their children to

bounce balls, hop in and out of hoops, kick balls into a goal, skip, jump, star jumps, bunny hops etc etc. This year we raised

£580 and last year £850 !!!! Doesn't cost us a penny (apart from a certificate each!) and everyone has fun !!!!!!!! Don't forget to include 'Gift Aid' on your sponsor form and make even more money :o

dottyp xD

Hi melthammum

I think a lot depends on how many children, and consequently how many parents, you have. With a small 'customer base', your fund raising is inevitably that much smaller. We only have about 20 sets of parents so we're never going to be able to raise vast sums at a single fund raiser.

When we built our garden area, about half the cost was covered by free donations from local businesses. We had donations of materials, vouchers, etc. and made sure that in return the businesses got lots of publicity, by sending out a press release to local papers, etc. Could you ask around to see whether you can get any freebies for your project?

Good luck,

Sue.

Guest babyjane31

Our bigest money makers are pyschic nights and discos, we write to local business to get sponsership for events which then means all takings are pure profit, we normally raise £800 at each event and do both twice a year. Also check with parents some companies offer matched giving for fundraising if their employee is involved, I know Lloyds TSB do this upto a max of £500 and the forms required are very simple, we recently received an additional £500 this way.

Each year we do a sponsored something eg bounce on the trampoline which usually brings in over £500

Our annual jumble sale is now bringing in £1000 - lots of hard work for the volunteers but well worth it when you count the pennies!!

We are a setting with approx 25 different families

Thanks all - some ideas worth looking into.

Great news yesterday our local fire officer is going to do the coast to coast walk for us!!!

Awful, awful news though - the quality and access capital grant won't consider us at all! That was our major hope and and now we are really stuck.

I've been really taken by the idea of an auction and have been chatting to various people about the idea. Hali - if you're around and read this, could you give me some tips on how to make it work? Do you just draw up a list of things on offer and then circulate? How do you get bids in and how do you let people know who is in the lead? I'd love to hear more as I think this sounds like a really good way for us to raise money.

Got your pm Inge thank you so much. I was about to print it but then realised it was 145 pages!!

vickymck did you go to one of the grant workshops held last week? I went on Monday and came away nearly in tears and disillusioned with the whole lot.

Kirsty x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)